Friday, March 20, 2009

Mt Hood Landscape

I used Alma Cox's telamadera fusion technique to make this piece. She was a featured artist on Oregon Art Beat in February. Her work inspired me to do a piece on wood with burnt-in lines of my sketch, acyclic paint and fused fabric. In Spanish, tela is fabric and madera is wood. She also wrote an article about her process in CPS March/April 2008. I see she is teaching at Art & Soul in Portland this year. I left the mountain and sky painted without fabric and burnt into the wood the fir trees. It's a fun process.


Art and images copyright 2009 by Paula McNamee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this piece; the mixture of textures and technique really make it spectacular!

rivergardenstudio said...

I love your "Mt Hood Landscape" especiall the lines and textures...Roxanne