Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dragon Fly Visitor




Frequently several dragonflies visit our flower garden so I decided to depict one as my August challenge.

The background is a piece of painted muslin. I try to recycle silk flowers so I used some tiny pink blossoms, then created the leaves from the petals of a silk daisy. The stems are strips of green fabric stitched to the canvas. The dragonfly body was painted on paper and the wings are dried florals from my garden. He is glued into place. The music is from a vintage duet booklet that I purchased this weekend at a local flea market. The vintage lace was also a weekend find. All is fastened to a piece of canvas board using Steam-A-Seam2 sold by the Warm Co.

I will be placing this is a black frame for display.


Art and image copyrighted 2008 by Marylin Huskamp

2 comments:

Z'anne said...

What a very pretty and serene scene, Mary Lin. I can almost small the light scent of the posies and hear the dragonfly as he zips by.

Z'anne said...

That should be smell not small. Proof reading this early in the morning is not one of my best skills.