Monday, September 8, 2008

Forest Flora Fantasy


Here is my September offering to our challenge. It incorporates a leaf from one of my maple trees, twigs from a willow and recycled tin can and copper leaves.

I took a class, taught by Suzie, on playing with acrylics and that is how I painted my background. Using rubber stamps to stamp into gel medium and leaving wonderful impressions. I had already pressed and dried the leaf and then covered it in gel medium to make it more pliable. I cut and tied the twigs and then attached them to the canvas board and glued the heck out of them to make them stay. The "flower" is held together by small wires that are coming from the back and used as the stamens.

Enjoy!

Art and image copyrighted by Z'anne Bakke 2008

5 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Z'anne... I REALLY LOVE how dimensional this piece is and the way you incorporated many elements.

Z'anne said...

Thank you, Tracie Lyn. I love playing with 3D stuff. I guess it's all those beads that keep me making things less than flat. *LOL*

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Z'anne, I am VERY intrigued with this piece! It is beautiful in the dimensional use of the various natural elements.

Z'anne said...

Thank you, Mary lin. I'm lucky to live in the woods so I can get a lot of material from Mother Nature.

Jan Harris Smith said...

Z'anne - I love your three dimensional approach to this challenge - this is a nice piece!