Thursday, October 2, 2008

Flora challenge


We're in the middle of remodeling our kitchen.I had a friend cut some pieces of the old birchplywood cabinet doors to use in this 8" x 8" challenge. It was heartbreaking to see so much of the great old wood go into the dumpster to be replaced with particle board and veneer.

My "Flora" piece began wilth previously prepared paper with a circle of free-form"iris folding." The petals were formed from old postcards and the whole thing was attached to the birch board with gel medium. I used my new digital camera to take the picture and I learned to get the photo out of my camera and upload it to Nature Gathered for the first time (mostly) by myself.

Art copyrighted by Judi Stack 2008

2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

What beautiful, clever and artistic flowers you all have created. They make me smile.

Z'anne

Jan Harris Smith said...

I love your funky flower and your story behind its creation!