Thursday, October 30, 2008

Northern Flicker



This months theme was definitely a challenge for me. I researched the theme with the information Tracie sent out and knew I would be going completely out of my comfort zone. I draw with my students all of the time, but to do a complete piece without all of my funky colors and design? The thought caused heart palpitations! But I dove in yesterday and here is my study of a little Northern Flicker using acrylics, pen & ink and colored pencil. I hope it fulfills the requirements of the theme. I was already so far out of my box, I couldn't travel any further.


Art and image copyrighted 2008 by Traci Donahue

2 comments:

Z'anne said...

Hi Tracie!

I think you did a very good job outside your box. We have a number of Northern Flickers out here (east of Sandy) and yours would fit right in! Good work!

&rew said...

Very nice details on the bird!